The powers and duties of the Media Committee are:
- to offer guidance and advice to the FINA Communications Department, particularly in relation to the organisation of major competitions,
- to assist the FINA Communications Department in reaching and staying in contact with a network of journalists around the world who cover aquatic sports,
- to assist the Organising Committees of FINA competitions in order to ensure the best possible facilities for journalists, photographers and other media personnel as per FINA regulations,
- to advise the FINA Communications Department in what services and information are required by the media worldwide and in what formats and platforms the media are most likely to wish to receive information,
- to assist in updating and implementing the FINA Media Guide for FINA competitions, and
- to offer advice to the FINA Communications Department on the best way to promote FINA and the image of its Aquatic sports throughout the world.